97 Power Steering EVO delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tloc2290

Reaction score
I recently removed the power steering pump from my 97 K1500 5.7. I had to cut the pressure hose to get it out. The pump I ordered has the EVO bypass installed, but I don’t see an option for a stock ‘EVO’ type hose. I read in another thread to order a conventional pump and hose from a 96? Is this the right solution, or can the parts I ordered work? Thank you.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordering a hose made for a 97 would be for an EVO system by default. The bypass piping was made so that the stock hose could be used. If you’re keeping the pump with the EVO bypass, just order the 97 hose.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
On my 97, when I replaced the pump I got one that already had a fitting on it, one I would have had to remove if I wanted to swap over my old pump's EVO solenoid. I kept the new fitting and got a 96 truck's high line. The only real difference between the two systems that I could see is the fitting vs EVO solenoid, and the 96 pipe has an additional 180-degree bend on the pump side to plug into the back of the pump body instead of the straight pipe that plugs into the front of the EVO solenoid on 97+. From what I could understand, the 96-99 (and possibly older?) pumps themselves are pretty much the same.