1998 C1500 Silverado: EVO delete: Pressure hose question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Redhead lists the 1500 gearbox for the 97-99 as different part # than the 92-96.
I have both a 94 and a 98 GM also lists them as different but same housing, and a 3rd part # for 96.

I'd be willing to bet that the only difference between those part numbers is something small. Wholesale GM Parts Online lists the same gear part number for a '96 and a '97 C1500, 26068855.

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline....odel=14486&modelYear=1996&ukey_category=19404

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline....odel=14486&modelYear=1997&ukey_category=19404

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So your saying the delete kit is perfectly fine, it never offers anyone issues ?

Not at all, I'm replacing one of the EVO delete kits because it appears to be leaking. I was just pointing out that you do not need the '96 pressure line if you use the kit. I would a agree that the '96 pump and pressure line is a better fix which is why I bought the parts I listed earlier.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not at all, I'm replacing one of the EVO delete kits because it appears to be leaking. I was just pointing out that you do not need the '96 pressure line if you use the kit. I would a agree that the '96 pump and pressure line is a better fix which is why I bought the parts I listed earlier.
The output fitting and 96 line would be a cheaper fix.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The output fitting and 96 line would be a cheaper fix.

Agreed, but my pump appears to be leaking from the front side somewhere as well so I figured I might as well replace it. Plus replacing the pump with a '96 unit eliminates the need to swap any fittings.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I understand that , but i figured the 96 line swap was the best way , to avoid possible leaks with so many union's in that kit …coupled with the feedback I’ve seen on these evo deletes not holding up. So I was going for a more polished fix .
So your saying the delete kit is perfectly fine, it never offers anyone issues ?
Don't overthink it, just buy the delete kit or buy the 96 hose and fitting and if you think the truck has too much boost for your liking then go from there.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agreed, but my pump appears to be leaking from the front side somewhere as well so I figured I might as well replace it. Plus replacing the pump with a '96 unit eliminates the need to swap any fittings.
Looking at Rock Auto they have GM 97+ pumps but not the 96. You can try the aftermarket but most of it is going to be junk.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't overthink it, just buy the delete kit or buy the 96 hose and fitting and if you think the truck has too much boost for your liking then go from there.
I already ordered the evo delete , gonna give it a shot .. I suppose maybe it’ll pay for itself or flunk

Was there a write up anywhere on here on how to sneak out that evo solenoid without removing the pump from bracket ?
Thought it requires a 30mm 6point and doing something extra to the socket also
I dont want to deal with pulling the pulley but I may have to.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looking at Rock Auto they have GM 97+ pumps but not the 96. You can try the aftermarket but most of it is going to be junk.

As stated previously, I've already bought (at the recommendation of other forum members here) an Edelmann 6023R pump.

The GM 19420681 pump that RA lists for a '97 is twice the price of the Edelmann and according to the description you need to either swap your EVO solenoid over or use the GM EVO delete kit. I'm normally all for OEM GM whenever possible but IMO in this case it doesn't make any sense, especially considering that GM is most likely sourcing those pumps from one of the "aftermarket" manufacturers and putting their name on the box.

I'll be keeping my original GM pump to rebuild as a spare so if the Edelmann has any issues I can transfer the fittings from it over to my original and swap that back in, but I'm not worried about it.