ebay ss header issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im having helluva time trying to get the stock y pipe to sit right on the header ball socket. it leaks like a ****. anyone else have problems? i had to cut the y pipe in the middle under the trans to because the headers sit closer to the block compared to the manifolds. would really like to fix this. one shop said the header ball is to big for the stock socket

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
im having helluva time trying to get the stock y pipe to sit right on the header ball socket. it leaks like a ****. anyone else have problems? i had to cut the y pipe in the middle under the trans to because the headers sit closer to the block compared to the manifolds. would really like to fix this. one shop said the header ball is to big for the stock socket

the ones i had on my 94 fit awesome so im not sure

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Had the same problem as u with mine, just went to the local muffler shop and got them to fix me up a 2.5" y pipe, along with a new muffler etc. Seals like a champ now.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how did they fix it? new ball flanges? id get it redone but im planning to swap in 10b front axle and swpa the t case to a p drop 241 so ill need to get it all redone anyways but i dont want to get exhaust done twice