ebay LS Lifters & Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When it comes to parts, good suppliers will have solid documentation of their supply chain, from raw materials to finished product on the shelf. Granted, that's more common in the aircraft industry, but if major chains are getting counterfeits it's because their buyers are going outside of documented sources to try and save money.

Many small performance part places don't make much of their own products that have their name on them, they can't afford all the machinery & RnD. So they make deals with other small places and basically trade, sometimes your getting same stuff just different names/prices.

Many places like to pad their profits with import stuff. Even Morel lifters have had failures, some counterfeit and some their own.

Last edited:

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We pays our money and takes our chances.

You take a chance with anything you put together with any parts. Just look at all the flat tappet cam/lifter failures due to user error and not so called bad parts LOL I've used those same BAD parts successfully because I broke them in correctly!

Never said GM was the best, don't put words in my mouth. Still thanks for all the thread bumps :D

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You take a chance with anything you put together with any parts. Just look at all the flat tappet cam/lifter failures due to user error and not so called bad parts LOL I've used those same BAD parts successfully because I broke them in correctly!

Never said GM was the best, don't put words in my mouth. Still thanks for all the thread bumps :D
Push it hard enough you can break anything. I'd rather start at a better place. I'm not going through HFT cam failures either, but I attribute that to using the recommended springs of decent quality so there's no valvetrain instability issues that rears it's ugly head. I'm still sitting here saying buy decent valvetrain parts while you sit there trying to justify buying cheap shyt 6 ways from Sunday each time going in a different direction.

I didn't realize threads bumps were important to you. I'm not the only one that's bumped your thread. A couple of others have agreed with me.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh boy, have i seen some parts failures from Ebay.
I rebuilt about 26 LS engines last year that they used Ebay Lifters, Lifter Trays, Valve Springs, Pushrods, Camshafts, Timing chains and injectors. Its terrible.

I had a truck dropped off Saturday that the guy put ebay lifters in and they failed in just a few mintues.. They pulled the heads off and put another set in and broke 2 Ebay Head bolts off in the block.

I buy Lifters and Springs from Cam Motion and over the last few hundred sets ive never had a failure.

2 weeks ago i was tuning a car and at 6500 rpms it decided to break a retainer and dropped valve in the cylinder. Broke the stem off the valve and got thrown back in the intake runner down into another cylinder and it was some very impressive carnage. Talked to the guy and had him send me links to all the parts he used. Ebay valve springs and reatainers... Ruined his $4000 engine trying to save $100.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh boy, have i seen some parts failures from Ebay.
I rebuilt about 26 LS engines last year that they used Ebay Lifters, Lifter Trays, Valve Springs, Pushrods, Camshafts, Timing chains and injectors. Its terrible.

I had a truck dropped off Saturday that the guy put ebay lifters in and they failed in just a few mintues.. They pulled the heads off and put another set in and broke 2 Ebay Head bolts off in the block.

I buy Lifters and Springs from Cam Motion and over the last few hundred sets ive never had a failure.

2 weeks ago i was tuning a car and at 6500 rpms it decided to break a retainer and dropped valve in the cylinder. Broke the stem off the valve and got thrown back in the intake runner down into another cylinder and it was some very impressive carnage. Talked to the guy and had him send me links to all the parts he used. Ebay valve springs and reatainers... Ruined his $4000 engine trying to save $100.
Cam Motion, another top notch company to deal with, always have been.

Last edited:

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can spell it out plain as day but some people will still refuse to read, "ebay has a money back guarantee(you can return them if not legit), so if your not confidant in your ability to inspect these parts. Don't buy them!". Re-read that last part.

All these part places selling LS7 lifters are just buying trays from GM and selling sets for profits. I found a merchant who is not as greedy. There are much cheaper sets on ebay but those are deff not legit.

The parts I have from the specific merchants I found are legit! The parts you get from some random merchant who knows, even a fancy part place selling LS lifter sets can pad profits with mixed in knock off junk LOL

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stepping over a dollar to save a dime....... every single time.

It's funny this one guy was giving me a hard time for the overseas alum heads I use and then he bought some the same himself LOL he even drives a Toyota truck!!!

People talk A LOT of junk bout others and then do the same themselves LOL find them at Walmart all the time!

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it was a junkyard LS motor with a china turbo in a Japan car, It'd be a hit LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.