ebay LS Lifters & Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ebay has a money back guarantee(you can return them if not legit), so if your not confidant in your ability to inspect these parts. Don't buy them!

Found these and I think they are genuine but can't be 100% with all the junk out there(especially on ebay). I know there will be nay-sayers but if anything, I think it's a good example of some things you gotta check for.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I stay away from ebay on valvetrain components and buy from a trusted/known source. With really no exceptions. Not a place I want to take chances with questionable parts. There's more to it than appearance. Metallurgy, hardness level on rollers, quality of retainers and locks, durability/metallurgy on springs, etc. is also important. Stuff can appear the same but still be different. Not a very enlightening video as some it still seemed to remain questionable to him. Broken valve springs, dropped valves, failed roller lifters/cams are more expensive than the cost difference of buying quality parts the first time.

Last edited:

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As I said "ebay has a money back guarantee(you can return them if not legit), so if your not confidant in your ability to inspect these parts. Don't buy them!"

Buyer beware! It was covered in the video, unless you buy direct from GM then you can't be 100%. Even well known places can have counterfeits, seen it at major chain autoparts stores.

Seen my share of FAKE stuff I'd never buy on ebay/amazon and there are usually some clear giveaways. I am confident in my purchase but not in that everyone will get the same parts as I did.

It's simple, your solution is to NOT buy them and buy from GM direct!

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wasn't under the impression you had already bought the stuff. I deal with companies like Crane, Manley, Milodon, Pac or cam supplier springs /valve gear. No worries, these are items I won't buy from from the low cost leader. Unless you your set up to check metallurgy and hardness, etc the bottom line is you don't know what you got either. Maybe you have access to thoroughly check parts like that , idk.

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe you should watch the video LOL FYI even GM had LS spring/lifter failures, why do you think they changed them? Lots of places buy OEM stuff and repackage it as their own. Do you think those small part places have the RnD budget or testing as OEM's??? They don't even make their own lifters.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe you should watch the video LOL FYI even GM had LS spring/lifter failures, why do you think they changed them? Lots of places buy OEM stuff and repackage it as their own. Do you think those small part places have the RnD budget or testing as OEM's??? They don't even make their own lifters.
Imagine that, Gm under engineered the stuff the first time around. You really think GM produced the best performance parts there ever was? Horsepower per cubic inch, even the GMPP crate engines suck. Lots of places buy in bulk from China and repackage as well so not really a valid point. Generic paper tags with an oem part number have become the norm. Most of the high end lifters come from Johnson. I'll pay the money and buy from a trusted source that knows where to source the good stuff. If you're building stock stuff with a stock cam, stock replacement valve train might get the job done if of decent quality. Seldom I do bone stock. 9 times out of 10 the cam manufacture recommends what lifter(limited travel, fast bleed,stock) they want on a specific profile along with springs , retainers, locks, and any other pertinent tech specs. A least the guy in the video said he was going to test the springs. If they pass it doesn't mean they'll stay in spec for 10k miles. Cheap ass springs tend to lose spring rate rather quickly.

We pays our money and takes our chances.

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it comes to parts, good suppliers will have solid documentation of their supply chain, from raw materials to finished product on the shelf. Granted, that's more common in the aircraft industry, but if major chains are getting counterfeits it's because their buyers are going outside of documented sources to try and save money.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When it comes to parts, good suppliers will have solid documentation of their supply chain, from raw materials to finished product on the shelf. Granted, that's more common in the aircraft industry, but if major chains are getting counterfeits it's because their buyers are going outside of documented sources to try and save money.
Exactly

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Money back guarantee isn't worth much after a valve has hit a piston.
I'm sure they would send you another $4 spring no questions asked if you can get in touch with someone, but you might be looking at a broken valve head that has beat the block, head, and piston into scrap metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.