E-Force Supercharger 1552

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wheeler

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
@L31MaxExpress I have researched your comment in my other thread for a while now…
I have found a new Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger! However it’s $3800 after tax! Plus install & the MSD Boost Retard Box… so this will run me about 7k for everything. Good ole Canada for ya!

So my quest for MORE POWER for towing has lead me down this rabbit hole. I can’t find anyone with this exact SC & limited videos on YouTube. However all I read is awesomeness about a positive displacement SC for towing. So before I pull the pin drop 7k I wanted all comments/advise/ or anyone that HAS one to chime in..

Now please guys keep in mind, EVERYTHING is A LOT more $$ than the states…

For those who don’t know my set up is..
383 Stroker. 9-5-1. Fast Burn Heads. ZZ4 cam. RPM Performer intake & Edelbrock 750 carb. 1 5/8 long tubes. Electric Fan. FAST tranny controller, plus more… oh rite 4.56 gears. 295/75/17s.

I tow 7k or more. It put down 250rwhp & 330rwtq at 3k. All I do is really tow with the truck.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's an E-Force blower for the small block?! Got a link?
Edelbrock has the same design as the old Magnusun setup. Its for a 4bbl application and comes with a built-in bypass valve. Takes 1/2 hp to turn at 60 mph. A 350 making 500+ @ 10 psi was not uncommon with the Magnusun.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Edelbrock has the same design as the old Magnusun setup. Its for a 4bbl application and comes with a built-in bypass valve. Takes 1/2 hp to turn at 60 mph. A 350 making 500+ @ 10 psi was not uncommon with the Magnusun.

I feel like an E Force would be intercooled though. Can't find it on their site.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@L31MaxExpress
all I read is awesomeness about a positive displacement SC for towing. So before I pull the pin drop 7k I wanted all comments/advise/ or anyone that HAS one to chime in..

I tow 7k or more. It put down 250rwhp & 330rwtq at 3k. All I do is really tow with the truck.
[/USER]
[/QUOTE]
We swapped a ZL1 into my brothers avalanche. If you’re not familiar with the ZL1 it’s a supercharged 6.2 LS engine with a stock rating of 650 hp / 650 torque. We put a smaller pulley on the blower to increase the boost and it is a BEAST. We built the truck as a daily driver with air conditioning and for the sand dunes. When you give it the onions the blower definitely lets you know that it’s there. The sound is awesome if you’re into that kind of thing. Anyway, he tows A few large camper trailers with it and says the fuel mileage is horrible because it is always in the boost. I don’t know how much homework you’ve done but you could probably spend less than $7000 for a naturally aspirated engine that would exceed your expectations and get better fuel mileage.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
We swapped a ZL1 into my brothers avalanche. If you’re not familiar with the ZL1 it’s a supercharged 6.2 LS engine with a stock rating of 650 hp / 650 torque. We put a smaller pulley on the blower to increase the boost and it is a BEAST. We built the truck as a daily driver with air conditioning and for the sand dunes. When you give it the onions the blower definitely lets you know that it’s there. The sound is awesome if you’re into that kind of thing. Anyway, he tows A few large camper trailers with it and says the fuel mileage is horrible because it is always in the boost. I don’t know how much homework you’ve done but you could probably spend less than $7000 for a naturally aspirated engine that would exceed your expectations and get better fuel mileage.
[/QUOTE]

What is he getting? My 1500 is in the 7 range, dually gets as bad as 5.5 but is usually closer to 7 as well.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

What is he getting? My 1500 is in the 7 range, dually gets as bad as 5.5 but is usually closer to 7 as well.
[/QUOTE]
My guess is less than that. In all fairness if your 1500 has a 5.3 or TBI 350 it’s going to be over worked while pulling a big trailer and may not be a valid comparison compared to a purpose built engine for towing.

Wheeler

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was averaging between 7-10mpg depending on imhow heavy my foot is rite now.. so I was thinking more power, easier to pull/fuel mileage… but I could be wrong.. I’ve been thinking about a 6.0L swap as well… BUT I’ve already got this set up.. is what has me wanting to utilize it…