E-fan swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill do a DIY if I can. My buddy will be helping

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Thats's right, I forgot about the high draw of the mark 8 fan...I've seen writeups of the grand cherokee fan and it looks really nice...fits perfectly in the stock shroud if you want to keep it clean looking

So i wouldn't have to hack up my shroud like you did for your windstar fans to use the Jeep fan?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
So i wouldn't have to hack up my shroud like you did for your windstar fans to use the Jeep fan?

I dont think so, IIRC the jeep fan is basically the same diameter as the shroud opening and has some tabs sticking off that can be used to screw it onto the stock shroud. Bluex should be able to tell you more about it since he has one

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya the jeep fan is a single 16" one an should mount about like Andrew said, I haven't been able to look at it yet . They are around $50 brand new iirc. I can find the part number again if anyone is interested in that....

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Ya the jeep fan is a single 16" one an should mount about like Andrew said, I haven't been able to look at it yet . They are around $50 brand new iirc. I can find the part number again if anyone is interested in that....
Your off for 3 days, we expect you to have your fan, visor and cab lights installed by Monday :rofl:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol: your a funny guy. I hope to get the cab lights done. The visor needs paint (don't have) plus I'm still not sure I want to use it or not. I need a controller to install the fan an I'm to broke to buy one....

Oh I still need inserts an screws for the lights to. Guess I will go by the store on the way home

Last edited:

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Relay check,fans check, overide switch check, just waiting on a socket from am92 and we are set

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andrew do you know/still have the part number for that socket?