E-fan swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Most of the fans at the parts store will not flow enough air to cool a V8 in the summer with the A/C going at idle. The salvage yard fans usually only run $40-50 anyways.

this I had s single store bought fan on my 94 s-10 blazer and I wouldn't even cool the v6 very well

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought one big fan would do. Ill look for a v6 e-fan then.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They just don't flow enough cfm's to do a good job compared to a factory setup. They work great as an aux fan, but I wouldn't count on one to cool the engine.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I need a controller setup for it first. Then I need some free time, got any to spare?

Holler at me when you wanna attempt it and I'll see if Im off to help you out, besides I now wanna do this to my truck, so we can use yours as a guinea pig...are you gonna delete the belt driven fan?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holler at me when you wanna attempt it and I'll see if Im off to help you out, besides I now wanna do this to my truck, so we can use yours as a guinea pig...are you gonna delete the belt driven fan?

Yup, after I do mine the burb is next....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had one on my S10, it helped but its honestly hard to feel it might get you 10 hp or so. I think I saw a bigger gain in mileage, an that's the reason I want to do it on them both now.