E-fan swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was reading teh e-fan thread and had a couple questions that I couldnt find a good answer for. Is there a fan setup from lmc or summit that is made for the 96? Is there a harness made for the truck? How can I wire them to work as they should without a toggle switch?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Flex-a-lite makes a direct bolt in kit for our trucks, but its like $600. I got my fans and ordered a wiring harness all for about $125. For the wiring kit I got a Jegs dual fan controller kit. It comes with 2 relays, breakers, all the connectors you need, and a temp switch that you can plug into the passenger side head to have the fans turn off and on automatically
this one http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+Products/555/10571/10002/-1

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I like your price better. Did you go with a basic fan?

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That makes me feel better about doing it. Ill be looking for fans this weekend.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
People have also gotten fans of Lincon Mark VIII's, Ford Taurus, Jeep Grand Cherokee, pretty much any 6 cyl motor or bigger with an electric fan should cool your truck just fine if you want to make it work

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mark 8 fan pulls lots of current an needs a very pricey controller though.

I have a single 16" V8 grand cherokee fan for mine. Hopefully it will get installed one day :lol:

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
The mark 8 fan pulls lots of current an needs a very pricey controller though.

I have a single 16" V8 grand cherokee fan for mine. Hopefully it will get installed one day :lol:

Thats's right, I forgot about the high draw of the mark 8 fan...I've seen writeups of the grand cherokee fan and it looks really nice...fits perfectly in the stock shroud if you want to keep it clean looking

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I just buy a single fan from oreillys

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of the fans at the parts store will not flow enough air to cool a V8 in the summer with the A/C going at idle. The salvage yard fans usually only run $40-50 anyways.