door handle issues how can i get the door open both handles are broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sammack420

Reaction score
i did get the door open i had to rip the door panel off from the inside an pull on the linkage from the interior door handle with a pair of pliers, with the window down of course.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
This is the rod that connects to the lock. The other rod (not shown) opens the door
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
No probs!
i just didn't want to put on a public forum how to break into these trucks. Don't want to suddenly hear about a rash of GMT400 thefts!

:lol: no doubt, these trucks are too easy to get into. Im guessing you know about the key pattern issue that gm had for the 95 and up gmt400's as well? If you do you'll know what im talking about... :rofl:

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:lol: no doubt, these trucks are too easy to get into. Im guessing you know about the key pattern issue that gm had for the 95 and up gmt400's as well? If you do you'll know what im talking about... :rofl:
sadly i know what your talking about, oddly,i have a dodge key that is the same exact pattern as my GMC key SMH

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
i got two of theses trucks my baby which is an 89 an a daily its a 94 but the 89 key will get me in the 94 an fire it up but not the other way around

2 of my friends have a 96 gmc and a 97 chevy and they can unlock eachothers doors and fire up eachothers trucks with there keys