Door buzzer, chime, whatever swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I recently pulled my door buzzer, and wouldn't mine swapping in one that's more of a chime. I probably won't go to the salvage yard, as I don't really have the time right now. Any recommendations on what to look for on ebay..... part number, or otherwise. I don't even see a part number on my original, which I think is odd. I do notice that I must have "modded" it with some Scotch tape to quiet it down a bit, as two of the three rows of holes are covered :badger_1:
:anitoof: :crazy:

I pulled it when I was trying to figure out why my truck wouln't shift into park..... it was just annoyingly loud with my head under the dash.

It's got 7 spade connectors, if that's relevant.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Looking at my original, I can just barely make out 15042437, if I hold it in the light, just right.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've looked into that a long time ago. And I remember something about mid 90s gm cars having the same 7 spade connector with a nicer sound then the flat line gmt400 haha.

And if I remember correctly the box was brown

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Dropped88 might be referring to my post from a few years ago -

Should have all you need. I think someone posted an OEM number in there somewhere.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
@Dropped88 might be referring to my post from a few years ago -

Should have all you need. I think someone posted an OEM number in there somewhere.

I just watched a Youtube video on it and got that 14101255 number..... EXPENSIVE on ebay, over $50!!! I may throw my original back in and wait until I can get to the salvage yard. Hopefully, I'll get there in a few weeks during some time off work.