Camaro Door Chime Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For anyone that is thinking about doing this, here is a video after I did the swap. Came from an early 90s Camaro. So much better than the buzz. Feels like I'm about to crank a 2010 now. Brown box is Camaro and black box is stock. Took me all of 30 seconds.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That does sound way better! Will this work on all 88-98 trucks? Or just the 88-94 ones because my trucks 95? Could I order one from a parts store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, my buddy has a '98 and he's the one that told me about the boxes and showed me his. Also to double check, just peak under your dash and find your box. And yeah you probably could. Pulled mine from a 93 or 93 Camaro but as long as those prongs match up you're good. I believe this also works for Impala's of that era.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
For anyone that is thinking about doing this, here is a video after I did the swap. Came from an early 90s Camaro. So much better than the buzz. Feels like I'm about to crank a 2010 now. Brown box is Camaro and black box is stock. Took me all of 30 seconds.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You're tempting me to do this... If only I could find the part for a good price.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
93-96 CAMARO DOOR CHIME/BUZZER- OEM 14101255

Did find the part number, if you put that in Google nothing comes up, but when you just put the part number you get more hits just can't find any for sale, it appears they were in a lot of cars from 93-96

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think this would be a very sought after part. I'm sure junkyards are full of them. And most of the time if the dash or windshield are intact then that means they've been kept out of wet weather. Subject to heating and cooling but all vehicle parts are. I'm going back someday this week to find one for my dads '92 and I'll look in some Impala's as well and try those.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
93-96 CAMARO DOOR CHIME/BUZZER- OEM 14101255

Did find the part number, if you put that in Google nothing comes up, but when you just put the part number you get more hits just can't find any for sale, it appears they were in a lot of cars from 93-96

Good 'ol eBay has a few for sale, if you're willing to pay the price: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...TRC0.H0.X14101255.TRS0&_nkw=14101255&_sacat=0 . One day I'll check out a junkyard near me and see if they got one for cheap.