Door and dome lights went out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey yall, I have a 2000 Chevy C2500 RCLB 8 lugger, and a problem just occurred today: when I open my doors the dome light and door lights didn't turn on. I had to replace the switch that goes in the door jam before because the original had fallen out or had been removed, but that was months ago and the lights worked perfectly until today. I just had tint installed for an early birthday present ( 15% all around with a brow on the front :cool:) and I know that my electric seats had been moved from their original position. Are both the lights and the electric seats on a shared circuit? I pulled the number 14 fuse labeled ILLUM and it looked fine. If anyone could offer any help it would be great
Thanks

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hey yall, I have a 2000 Chevy C2500 RCLB 8 lugger, and a problem just occurred today: when I open my doors the dome light and door lights didn't turn on. I had to replace the switch that goes in the door jam before because the original had fallen out or had been removed, but that was months ago and the lights worked perfectly until today. I just had tint installed for an early birthday present ( 15% all around with a brow on the front :cool:) and I know that my electric seats had been moved from their original position. Are both the lights and the electric seats on a shared circuit? I pulled the number 14 fuse labeled ILLUM and it looked fine. If anyone could offer any help it would be great
Thanks
Was the Dome Override button pushed in? On the headlight switch? The tint installer could have done that , so the lights were off while they were working on the truck with the doors open.
If you're not used to this function of a GMT 400 headlight switch, you might miss it. But it's quite handy when loading/unloading a truck.

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was the Dome Override button pushed in? On the headlight switch? The tint installer could have done that , so the lights were off while they were working on the truck with the doors open.
If you're not used to this function of a GMT 400 headlight switch, you might miss it. But it's quite handy when loading/unloading a truck.
thank you ma’am, it was pushed in, have had this truck for a year and just learned that function today.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
thank you ma’am, it was pushed in, have had this truck for a year and just learned that function today.
You're most welcome! We first learned about this function when a friend of mine got a 2002 Silverado Sportside. We didn't have our other 400 burb yet, but I could see where this would be a helpful feature when loading or unloading a vehicle. Have used it many times on all 3 trucks, wish we'd had it on our square body Burbs.