Disc brake conversion and other upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Damn good info guys... Really gives me something to think about especially since my rear drums need a serious overhaul. Which I guess on mine everything will be the same but I'll use the factory front rotors on the rear since mine is a K1500 6-lug, correct?

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hummm... So I dont think I can do this mod... I have a burb rear end which has 11inch drums and I cant find a mounting bracket plate that will bolt up...

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Still cleaning up my 14 bolt SS rear and my backing plates are rusted out so I am a going to do the rear disc conversion! I'm hoping the Impala SS rotors will still work, I'm not liking the looks of the Speedway rotors that come with that kit?

I also want to keep the e-brake just for resale purposes only. Now I just need some extra ca$h!

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang nabit... I might have to get a different rear end... I dont want to bcuz i likes my 3:42 G80 rear that came factory... But i cant find that mounting bracket for the 11in drums..! I need 10in drums... Ill look in2 either a 454SS or Impala/caprice 9C1 rear... Sum one help my out here...

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
So now that some people have actually done this, im curious to know, is it much better then drums? all around worth it? What about the Cadillac calipers, i need my E-brake since im going to be putting a manual transmission, how well do they work... Id hate to put all this money in, and find out its not that great....

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Damn good info guys... Really gives me something to think about especially since my rear drums need a serious overhaul. Which I guess on mine everything will be the same (brackets and s10 calipers) but I'll use the factory front rotors for a k1500 on the rear since mine is a K1500 6-lug, correct?

Bump for a definite answer