Disc brake conversion and other upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
98, has the 14 bolt sf. i dont think it matters much with the prop valves as they are likely all the same on these trucks for 1500s id assume. 1500s and 3500s may be different.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bump... So with the 82-92 proportioning valve will it bolt rite up..? And will sum1 please post up pictures..! I need shots of wat the proportioning valve hooks up 2 and where it goes from there...

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i probably have one in the garage of what it looks like. ive owned three thirdgens so theres bound to be one laying around. ill see what i cant get to you.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Tyler... Do u have any pictures of this proportioning valve installed on a 96+ 1500..? Im only bcuz I want to double check if its gonna bolt right on or if it needs 2 b jimmy rigged sumhow... And where do u install it..? Where..? Or on wat..?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
dont have pics the truck is long gone, sold to some guy then the guy moved and we arent in touch with him anymore. it takes place of the preexisting proportion valve. im having my friend check his camaro and firebird to get pictures of how it is plumbed cause i dont for the life of me remember. and i dont know if it will work if you want to keep abs

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan on bypassing the a abs or using the abs unit just 2 make things easier far as plumbing... Then pulling the abs fuse... But i wasnt sure how 2 go about adding the 82-92 Camaro p.valve... And again will the p.valve bolt on 2 our brake lines..? Or does it need 2 b modded..?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
it did on his. we had a bunch of spare fittings just in case. but tyour prop valve along with all the abs stuff will have to come off then just line up the line for the rear brakes and front brakes to the holes on the prop valve. pretty simple just easy to overthink