Disc brake conversion and other upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tyler I thought 4sure U would have had this swap down to a science... U gave all kinds of useful info... R U able to use parts from a larger truck..? 3500 or possibly a nbs 2500..? I would say contact the ebay seller and see if he can help u out...

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i did i just dont have the money to spend in case something doesnt work correctly. and before i had a 10 bolt not a 14. i used lt1 calipers on my 10 bolt dont remember what rotors.

Brian G

Reaction score
I've also read the entire post and have questions-I'm also in the daily driver boat and need to have a system that can be done over the weekend....

1, I need E-brakes, I have a 5 speed trans-do the cadi brakes with the internal e-brakes work well, I read here that some could not get the E-brakes to work properly?
2, does the stock E-brake cable simply attach to the cadi calipers? Or does there need to be modifications?
3, can I use my stock (now braided SS lines) to attach to the Cadi calipers?-NVM I see banjo adapters are noted.
4, can I simply replace the old/stock proportioning valve with a new adjustable prop vale in the same location-and if so do I need any adapting hardware to make this work?
Thanks fella's, my OLD rear drums are REALLY OLD and in need of some updating, I'd also like to keep my 5 lug 15" wheels for the 275 60 15 tires.....although I might upgrade to a 6 lug and go with 16 or 17in tires in the future....depends on my front brake options. Some one on here is researching an NBS front brake upgrade onto obs platform.
Cheers
BTW 1996 chevy Silverado RCSB NV3500 5spd 5.7
Brian G

Last edited:

Brian G

Reaction score
Sewlow58
What size wheels and tires are you running?
I'm probably going to upsize from 15" 5 lug to 17-19" 6 lug if/when a better disc brake option gets worked out for the obs 5 lug crowd-and your sig pic tire/wheel combo looks good!
I'm looking at a 275 40 19 to approximate my current diameter and width, actually slightly lower .3" and slightly wider by .7" as compared to the 275 60 15
Too bad the taller rims weigh so much more than the 15's, at least the tires are lighter by about 6 lbs...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Those are Boss 338's. 20X8.5 & 20X10. 255/45 & 295/40's. The sidewalls are the same height.
And you're right about the weight. These are +30lb.'s a corner. Great on the highway, not so much in the twisties.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Currently in talks with a guy 2 make some custom bolt on brackets to work with impala SS rotors and calipers for 10 bolt 5 lug rear ends... He thinks there's really no market for them... U guys believe that..? No price talks yet but im guessing around $80 per set... Any other takers..?

Last edited:

Brian G

Reaction score
monstar_est87 LMK

Anyone have any input to my previous questions?
Thanks
B

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thread bump.

i am also looking at this .
Does anyone have the OEM parts listing for the rear disc option.
I neec to retain the wheel speed sensors and E BRAKE.
I have. 98 rear axle under mine and with the engine change my engineer REQUIRES rear discs before he will sign it off as being legal.

ideally I would like BIG brakes on the front and decent on the rear BUT the rear wheel sensors have to stay as they are part of my traction control/ speedo signal.