DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
If your not getting the right measurement you may have the wrong axle.. What you can do is look for other similar solid axles and see which one fits.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive always tried to get within 1/16th, but im also pretty picky about my alignments

Reaction score
i used the ford tie rod. the difference in taper is less than .100 of an inch. i just used castle nuts with washers made on them. it works just fine.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just read thrue your whole thread. Nice work so far man, i just don't understand were the 7" of overall lift is coming from. Mine sit's about the same as your's at i figured roughly 11. 3" for the bracket's, 4" spring's, 1" zero rate and 3 inch body. Am also looking forward to you figure the light in the dash for the 4wd out.

Last edited:

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes the 7-8" is just for the suspension. My hangers give a little more then 3" and the rest is the springs, no zero rate. Out back is the 5.5" block and an add a leaf. With the 1.5" bodylift and total lift is around 9".

both have the price too high, the local craigslist has the same rolling chassis for 1k and i find those gen 5 motors all the time for $700 or less

Must be nice, around here those are normal prices for those parts. I've seen some D60 fronts alone listed for over $1000. Big reason why I couuldnt afford one.

Last edited:

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay that make's sense. I have almost the same measurement's. I was trying to gauge what 38" bogger's are going to look like on mine. And if it's like your truck itll be perfect.