DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If we were closed I'd come over and weld er up for ya.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow, thats lookin like a hoss now... especially with the boggers... how long till we get some wheeling and articualtion pics? :evillol:

im bout to start my sas on my 92 with a ford hp 44 aswell (doin research and gathering parts for now) so this build has been more than helpfull!

Hope to have some flexing pics in a couple of weeks. Not sure on any decent offroad pics, there is a big run first weekend of Oct but of course I have a wedding to go to that weekend.

Good luck on your build, only big issue I have had is with the passenger side knuckle. Not a huge deal, still waiting for tapered insert to show up to fix it. The cheap balljoints also did not for at all.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hope to have some flexing pics in a couple of weeks. Not sure on any decent offroad pics, there is a big run first weekend of Oct but of course I have a wedding to go to that weekend.

Good luck on your build, only big issue I have had is with the passenger side knuckle. Not a huge deal, still waiting for tapered insert to show up to fix it. The cheap balljoints also did not for at all.

thats when u take it wheeling at the reception ;)

yea, the only real issue i think ill run into is steering... so u used chevy knuckles on the ford axle or did i misunderstand those posts?

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
heres my snorkel setup i dont have a under the hood shot at the moment but i used a stock airbox that i sealed up i replace it with my origional stock box when i dont need it or plan on going wheeling
You must be registered for see images attach

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats when u take it wheeling at the reception ;)

yea, the only real issue i think ill run into is steering... so u used chevy knuckles on the ford axle or did i misunderstand those posts?

Yes I have the chevy knuckles and outer axle shafts on the ford axle. The problem I have now like Outalne stated way back is my tie rod end is on an angle. I have a tapered insert ordered but have about givin up on getting it anytime soon. Besides looking out of place and more angle on the TRE's I see no major problem with it like that.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the day off early today. I was able to get the rear AAL installed and u-bolts flipped, all front end parts are now tightened up, grinded down the frame, got a start on the upper shock mounts and broke a brake line today. I also got the boogers mounted on some 10" wide rims now.

Last edited:

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if u could (when its back up) snap some pics of the angles u were talkin about on the tre's... im tryin to picture it in my head, but not able to come up with much lol

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if u could (when its back up) snap some pics of the angles u were talkin about on the tre's... im tryin to picture it in my head, but not able to come up with much lol

Not the best pictures but you can see how the TRE is on the top of the passenger knuckle and bottom of the drivers.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im assuming you only got one flat top dana 44 knucle? usually you would get the pair because of that. dana 44 nut down and 10 bolts nut up. ive got both set of knuckles. the flat tops i got were allredy drilled for heims so im going to drill out to 1" and use the inserts and put the nut up so the tie rod wont have clearance issues with the leaf springs

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Just now found this thread. Been a little MIA, but truck is turning out nice! Have you considered a front hitch mount for a tow point?

With cradle and winch: