DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I would mount it to a receiver. You could use it on multiple vehicles, in the front, in the back, and even on a trailer if you needed too.

Like this?
You must be registered for see images attach

And if you order the longest sliders from trail gear I believe they will work perfectly for a single cab. All you have to do is weld them up

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got the truck back from being welded and gears installed. I was able to get the axle shafts in, hubs together, shocks bolted up, new tie rod and a better allignment (now able to get it toed in some), grill and bumper are on. Also where I used the front factory hangers and rear leaf spring bushings I had to install some spacers as the fronts are wider. Ended up stripping a U-bolt so have to get a new one made up tomorrow. Still need to put the exhaust back together and install the front driveshaft.

I hope to be able to work at it some this week but will the days getting shorter it is almost dark now when I get home from work. Mud run on the 13th of Oct and I would like to have a little test drive before it. Hunting season starts monday so weekends will be to short for working on the truck. Next weekend is the goal for getting it all done.

All said and done I've came with costing me right around $2000 to do the swap. A little more then I had planned but I had also not planned on going with 38's either.

Last edited:

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i hope you have spare axle shafts, those boggers will break joints and tend to take the ears off the axleshafts

the strongest thing without going alloy is spicer non greasable u-joints.

definitely don't pull people out, that is the most common time when that front will get angry

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I dont expect it to be indestructable with the 38" boggers. For the most part I think it will suit my needs fair enough.

I got off work early tonight and was able to get everything together, except for the steering stabilizer. Took it for a very short drive up the road and it handled very very well, got up to 50mph. Alot better then the first trip home with it.

Some poser flex pics in the rain.