DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I stopped in today to check on the truck, it is all welded up and he got a start on the gears. I should have it back next weekend. Once back I still have to:

Install skidplate, bumper and grill
Install front driveshaft
Install axle shafts, diff fluid and hubs
Install new(shorter) tie rod
Install shocks and steering stabilizer
Do a better allignment
Recheck u-bolts, TRE's and balljoints
Redo the exhaust
Change engine oil
Put tires on
Install rear tow hitch

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did you use tie rod ends or drag link ends on your draglink? im going to use the steering arm from wfo and pitman arm too and they are avalibe in both tie rod and drag link taper. the draglink set up costs more. planning to get steering kit from ruff stuff or wfo aswell just trying to figure that part out

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did you use tie rod ends or drag link ends on your draglink? im going to use the steering arm from wfo and pitman arm too and they are avalibe in both tie rod and drag link taper. the draglink set up costs more. planning to get steering kit from ruff stuff or wfo aswell just trying to figure that part out

I used tie rod ends for the draglink.

skidplate?

Yes just the one on the very front of the frame.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
don't use a tie rod as a drag link, they are too small for that kind of force, there is a reason why the drag link from the factory on a solid axle truck uses the larger joints, maybe on something small like a jeep but no way on a fullsize.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any plan's for a custom bumper with a winch setup in the future?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any plan's for a custom bumper with a winch setup in the future?

I have been hinting about a winch for Xmas. I do plan on building some bumpers and rock sliders at some point. Not sure if I will mount the winch in the bumper or have it on a reciver and able to take it along with my 98 too

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I would mount it to a receiver. You could use it on multiple vehicles, in the front, in the back, and even on a trailer if you needed too.