Decided to build a garage. Now the fun begins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SVA this hoist rig I put in the pole barn sure helps. Rails, mounts, and trolley are all Unistrut. China hoist rated at 880 lbs in a sling. An epoxy floor paint makes keeping houses awfully easy. The stuff from Lowe's help up well for me. I didn't read the whole post, forgive me if someone already mentioned these points.

Attachments

• 20230124_155531.jpg
    20230124_155531.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 13

jaybee

Reaction score
I don't have a garage currently, due to a move for employment, but I had a 28' x 30', 3 bay garage with floors of 4,000psi fiber mesh concrete. It held up very well, could barely chip it with a hammer. I put concrete sealer on it, but I really should have gone with an epoxy coating. The lighter color would have made the most of the lights.

Rock Hard Concrete

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this necessary for a basement slab too? Or just one that gets driven on and lifts installed?

Typically basement floors are not subject to freeze/thaw and since they are surrounded by the foundation they usually stay in place. We still use rebar and dowel into the foundation to prevent settling. Fibermesh is also inexpensive insurance but pretty unnecessary in a basement floor.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Once you have the forms up bury a street 90° with a lighty attached cap for the sink drain. Do one for the water coming in as well. You can then dig them up later. A small on demand water heater would be nice and not take up a lot of space. You may also want a hose bib, If you decide to do it later it'll be easy. You could have a dry well for that sink.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A brief progress update. The stump hole was dug out and backfilled with rock. It took two full loads.

They’re going to finish digging the footers today, and come back Thursday to finish building the forms.

You must be registered for see images attach

They were hoping to pour on Thursday, but rain tomorrow will make it difficult for the concrete truck to get in here (and out) on Thursday, so they will pour on Monday. Which is fine with me. No sense hurrying.

BuiltToWork

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A brief progress update. The stump hole was dug out and backfilled with rock. It took two full loads.

They’re going to finish digging the footers today, and come back Thursday to finish building the forms.

They were hoping to pour on Thursday, but rain tomorrow will make it difficult for the concrete truck to get in here (and out) on Thursday, so they will pour on Monday. Which is fine with me. No sense hurrying.
Progress!

BuiltToWork

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Don't forget to do some quick stub outs after they form but before they pour.