could some one tell me what this could be for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no clue what it is for just some thing that would be nice to know. its in the front behind the grill in the middle. thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah the fan is hooked up. the previous owners put it in so they could have taken the factory one out

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since it's in that area, windshield washer fluid pump? Lemme go look in my engine bay right quick... One of the horns?

Last edited:

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of the horns is what it looks like. Do you have a horn behind your grill?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dkh_524

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have two horns one behind my grill and then one by the battery and my windshield washer works. could it be for out side temp?

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so it is for a fan, a stock electric fan, and somebody changed it to the one that's on it now. I thought it looked tied in somehow to the plug.

my horn plugs are both flat, not round weatherpak type.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Part above is listed as: 1998 : CHEVROLET : K3500 PICKUP : 7.4L V8 : Electrical-Connector : Radiator Fan Motor Connector

That picture/part is from http://www.rockauto.com

Maybe if that truck came equipped with the fan there might still be a aux cooling fan relay and wiring, mounted on the side of the under hood fuse center.

If that relay wire was there, maybe a continuity test between that wiring and the plug near the grill would eliminate any doubt.

This might be what the relay is supposed to be connected to(on the outside of the under hood fuse center).
You must be registered for see images

Could there also be an RPO code for the aux fan in the glove box?

Best of luck.