Connecting rod orientation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hunter2024

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first engine rebuild on a chevy c1500 4.3 vortec with the internal balance shaft, and I got a little carried away when tearing it down and did not mark the connecting rods and caps when I removed them. They have a dimple on them which I assume is to face them the correct way but I'm not sure which way on which bank. I also believe I mixed up the direction of the caps when i slid them back together for storage because some of the bearings have the slit on the same side and some of them have them on opposite sides. Can someone please help?
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• motor6.jpg
    motor6.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 1

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you looked in the service manual , the section on engine rebuild, it's pretty thorough. I would strongly suggest using it as you said this is your first time. In a stinky above there is the a forum posting of links to the OE service manuals collection, and there FREE pdf download. This is section 6 , it has what you need and want. Your new best friend.