Let's get connected!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On large gauge wires like for battery terminals or large grounds, snow plow main connections, etc, I use a propane torch and solder with that also after pinching the crimp. There's no way an electric soldering gun could heat those up enough to get a sufficient solder flow.
That's a given!
I use a Uniweld acetylene/air torch with a really small tip but you could use one of those little crack torches that the junkies use to fire their crack pipes. I picked up one of those in a convenience store and it actually does a pretty good job for medium heating and soldering jobs.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I find a spot for these occasionally as well.

Attachments

• 20231012_112232.jpg
    20231012_112232.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 12

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i do a fair bit of control wiring in my field and you would get laughed off site if you were caught doing the "methods" shown here
I wish I had pictures of the junction box's we did on gear going to Japan. Our shop rebuilt gas turbine test cells. We did good work but everyone tried to outdo the other in alignment and position of the 100 or so terminations and wire routing.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find a spot for these occasionally as well.
Are those the heat gun type? I think that's a low temp bismuth based solder. It's used a lot in clock repair for soldering dials and bezels where you don't want to discolor the paint or brass. I personally have never used them but I can see where they would make a good connection.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I had pictures of the junction box's we did on gear going to Japan. Our shop rebuilt gas turbine test cells. We did good work but everyone tried to outdo the other in alignment and position of the 100 or so terminations and wire routing.
Nothing wrong with that,y'all were competing for quality not quantity.