Let's get connected!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm firmly in the camp of calling it a Mach E and leaving the Mustang moniker off. Not because it's an EV, but because it's a frickin' bubble butted CUV monstrosity meant for hauling the kids to soccer practice while kinda not looking like a minivan.
Again!!! Please do not pollute this thread with stupid chit-chat! If it is related to wiring please feel free to post your ideas.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flag rate is when the book says it's gonna take X amount of time to make the repair and that's what you get paid. If you beat the book then you can move on to the next job quicker and your making more money. Flag rate is also why some jobs don't get done right,you're not getting paid for extra effort.
You keep straying off into chit chat and then gripe at me when I chit chat. I'm pretty sure a random picture of an EV battery didn't have much to do with wiring.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm firmly in the camp of calling it a Mach E and leaving the Mustang moniker off. Not because it's an EV, but because it's a frickin' bubble butted CUV monstrosity meant for hauling the kids to soccer practice while kinda not looking like a minivan.
And this did? At least his battery was was had to do with electricity and connectors.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You flag time on the job, however it's recorded. You are paid per " Flat Rate " in whatever " Flat Rate manual" guidance you use. Motors, Mitchell, O.E. etc.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a good feeling I want to stay away from this thread as an industrial electrician lol

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
On large gauge wires like for battery terminals or large grounds, snow plow main connections, etc, I use a propane torch and solder with that also after pinching the crimp. There's no way an electric soldering gun could heat those up enough to get a sufficient solder flow.