94 4.3 CPI to 92 4.3 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding a "spider" injection unit for that. The sequential "Vortec" units are available, but my friend with the older, batch-fire job couldn't get a suitable replacement.

There appear to be various rebuilt and refurbished spiders available for them on eBay and such, but they are proud of them. No telling about the quality either, without further research. The OP doesn't appear to be worried about the "cool factor" of keeping the CPI system and intake, so the TBI mods that have been suggested would probably be more cost effective, especially with treasure yard parts.

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
easiest cost effective for you is pull your heads and intake put them on the 94 short block.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
easiest cost effective for you is pull your heads and intake put them on the 94 short block.
Why you downgrade the heads when the later 4.3L TBIs used the CPI heads and the intake manifold is a junkyard item if it is even needed at all.

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why you downgrade the heads when the later 4.3L TBIs used the CPI heads and the intake manifold is a junkyard item if it is even needed at all.
As i stated cost effective,. performance was not part of the answer