4.3 tbi gutless on highway.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't trust their parts as far as I can throw them after I had two of their fuel pumps fail in a year when I was 19. A warranty I have to use every few months doesn't do me much good.
Yeah, I had one of their pumps quit 2 days after it was installed. At least the tank was full waiting for the second one.

Their self destructing receipts and conveniently lost proofs of purchases on their system is nice too. It's funny, I had to get a battery replaced and I thought, I swear it's only been a couple of years. Of course no record could be found and the sticker on the battery said it was 5 years old so whatever. Later that year I found the actual receipt and it had only been a year and a half since I bought that battery that was 5 years old. :Angry:

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had that engine before as well as the later Vortec model and both were gutless on the highway. The only way you're going to accelerate uphill is by downshifting.