check this showroom stock GMT 400 out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How could I have a better description? Its a truck that you can see...Pictures are better than words..so what would you have said? Smells better than clean mountain air?
The reserve is off at 10K...yes I figure I will lose some money........

High price paid by me? Not really because these truck do not exist.....

Yet you said it was a high price but then turnaround and say you would purchase the truck if you could swing it?

It was a truck I could not pass up when I purchased it........fixed everything that was wrong with it including the brakes...

It does not cost over 50k like new trucks! That is huge and the used truck market is hot right now because there are none to be found in this shape for this kinda money.

Yeah, I would not take it personal. That is a very nice truck. Are you selling it?

And you are right, you can't find the crew cabs in that condition anymore. They are more uncommon than the ECSB/ECLB that they made more of back then. I still see them driving around town. Mostly construction and landscape folks towing heavy trailers. Of course, not in this kind of condition, LOL.

I've got a similar truck with the 5.7. It was formerly a ranch truck, so pretty rough condition. Put it this way, even I spend $10k restoring, I could never "undo" the mileage to where this truck is at, LOL.

Oh, and for the record, newer(ish) trucks are more like $60k-$70k!

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I would not take it personal. That is a very nice truck. Are you selling it?

And you are right, you can't find the crew cabs in that condition anymore. They are more uncommon than the ECSB/ECLB that they made more of back then. I still see them driving around town. Mostly construction and landscape folks towing heavy trailers. Of course, not in this kind of condition, LOL.

I've got a similar truck with the 5.7. It was formerly a ranch truck, so pretty rough condition. Put it this way, even I spend $10k restoring, I could never "undo" the mileage to where this truck is at, LOL.

Oh, and for the record, newer(ish) trucks are more like $60k-$70k!
I did not take it personal but the post was confusing...poor description...paid too much and then said he would buy it if he had the money...LOL
This truck does not exist anywhere in this shape with this mileage....there are none
The price of a new 3/4 ton crew cab would be unaffordable for most folks unless your wealthy or are willing to have a 2000 dollar a month truck payment and for what?
New trucks are a poor investment unless you use it a work everyday to do something.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
How could I have a better description? Its a truck that you can see...Pictures are better than words..so what would you have said? Smells better than clean mountain air?
The reserve is off at 10K...yes I figure I will lose some money........

High price paid by me? Not really because these truck do not exist.....

Yet you said it was a high price but then turnaround and say you would purchase the truck if you could swing it?

It was a truck I could not pass up when I purchased it........fixed everything that was wrong with it including the brakes...

It does not cost over 50k like new trucks! That is huge and the used truck market is hot right now because there are none to be found in this shape for this kinda money.

I'd be happy to explain. The link isn't working for me now, but I remember the claim of show room stock, then proceeds to list mods. So why say show room stock? That's all.
Iirc, ad implied it was bought used at a dealership. -Unless your close family owns the dealership, it goes without saying that you paid too much. That's all.
And yes, absolutely beautiful truck, and if I was given the ultimatum of buying a new truck, or yours, I'd buy yours. Period.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Wasn't trying to be an ass, and to be honest, I thought I was responding to the "things that catch my eye " thread, not an actual member's truck. I would have kept my internet mouth shut, lol. Opinions are like...well, you know.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Meh....the only reason he’s asking that much is simple....the marker will support it. in a normal market 10/12k would be at the very upper limits of what that truck will support.

Truthfully if you’re gonna refurbish a truck the mileage is unimportant. If you’re gonna go through every system who cares about the miles.
It’s nice that it’s low miles and it has the advantages of crew cab 4x and 454. But the biggest issue is at the 12/16k price point he’s coming up against newer trucks that are diesels or just newer for those prices. while it’s a great low mile truck If he’s hoping for 16k he is really reaching out there.

I never understood the I wanna keep miles low on my car for resale when I sell it. That’s like saying I’m not having much sex with my gf/wife I’m gonna save it for the next guy.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I never understood the I wanna keep miles low on my car for resale when I sell it. That’s like saying I’m not having much sex with my gf/wife I’m gonna save it for the next guy.
Pretty much. Vehicles are meant to be driven and they aren't good investments.

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Meh....the only reason he’s asking that much is simple....the marker will support it. in a normal market 10/12k would be at the very upper limits of what that truck will support.

Truthfully if you’re gonna refurbish a truck the mileage is unimportant. If you’re gonna go through every system who cares about the miles.
It’s nice that it’s low miles and it has the advantages of crew cab 4x and 454. But the biggest issue is at the 12/16k price point he’s coming up against newer trucks that are diesels or just newer for those prices. while it’s a great low mile truck If he’s hoping for 16k he is really reaching out there.

I am not really concerned about money that much. If I see something exceptional I am going to purchase it and that is what I did here with this truck. There were several people interested in the truck and I did not want to lose it so I paid the asking price..I did not care if t was 8k or 12k because these trucks dont exist.
Currently the truck is listed and is selling o EBAY with the reserve off at 10k so I will be losing some money if it goes no higher..not a big deal just wanted to sell the truck at a reasonable price for what it is..so it might go for 10 and that is a bargain. If it did not sell I would relist in the spring. There is ALWAYS a market for a nice pickup and during this pandemic the auctions cant even find pickups to sell. A friend of mine said I could get 8 to 10k at an auction and that is wholesale. I dont think on this forum there is a buyer but maybe generate some interest from some of your friends...like you know the young guys that lay down50 k for a truck..I see them running all over the place..What on earth can you buy for 10k that will do what this truck can do and for that condition......nothing that I can see.

John Cunningham

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Right now somebody will probably get the truck for 10k ( it met reserve of 10k no mystery now) but also you have to be a fan of these OBS trucks....I have been offered 10k several times for the truck locally last year. Since I dont drive it much I dont get those offers now because nobody sees the truck