Outside the GMT box.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schurky, the trailer is a Jayco Skylark that has a "V" front like a horse trailer to has pretty good aerodynamics.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a V-nose does almost nothing for aerodynamics. A sloped roof is far more effective. The only thing a V-nose does is use the tongue framing.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am probably biased from driving both body styles. This one gets 22-24 mpg running 75-80 mph on road trips even with 1,000 lbs in the bed. Still managed 16-20 mpg towing these trailers and you barely even tell the trailers were there power wise even on longer grades. That nearly 400 hp V8 with the 7spd automatic does not mess around when you give it throttle. I like having a full size vehicle when it comes to interior room, comfort and ride. A fullsize vehicle is much more stable towing than a midsize and will ride alot better not being constantly on the bump stops. Find a fullsize vehicle that is a year or two old with low mileage and saves a ton of $$$ with less depreciation than a brand new vehicle has in the 1st year.

You must be registered for see images attach

That cargo trailer was heavy packed, floor to ceiling. Towed it from Fort Worth to south of San Antonio on I-35 in heavy Thanksgiving holiday traffic. 306 miles and still had 172 miles worth of fuel. There were multiple times I was in stop and go traffic for more than 20 minutes at a time as well. Leaving Fort Worth, Waco and near Austin there were multiple accidents we had to wait through and navigate around on the access roads.

Last edited:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you would be better off with a V8 that you know will get the job done vs a V6 that is on the edge of not getting the job done. Another consideration is tongue weight and weight capacity of the tow vehicle. Clouds are purdy but nobody wants to stare at them for miles and miles.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you would be better off with a V8 that you know will get the job done vs a V6 that is on the edge of not getting the job done. Another consideration is tongue weight and weight capacity of the tow vehicle. Clouds are purdy but nobody wants to stare at them for miles and miles.

Even worse riding on bump stops for hundreds of miles.