is this real or a fake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It doesn't help when you've had a few before you start reading. . .
and/or a few while you're reading. And more after.

I haven't drank in over 2 weeks. Not quitting or anything, just between getting back to work after the Christmas holiday (worked New Year's,) recovering from messing up my back, then catching an ugly flu which I'm still feeling.. bleh!

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I got that a few days before Christmas.

My rider was sick the Fri just before New Year's. Worked with him all night (mistake) but sent him home for Sat-Mon. Felt a little puny but worked by myself those nights. Stayed home Tues-Thrs didn't go out at all, and really started feeling it by the time I woke up Fri so it took a damn week to really come on strong. Worked Fri as I couldn't get anyone to cover for me. That was a mistake as it really kicked my ass then and I stayed home Sat-Mon, and this Tues-Thrs off stayed home as well but I'll need to get out later today and do some light "winterizing" stuff to all 4 vehicles.. and back to work tomorrow night.

Ya know, I worked all through the scamdemic including when our county locked down (I'm deemed an "essential worker") and didn't get covid until July '22. That was pretty bad but not like I went to the hospital or anything. This flu I'm just now getting over was bad enough I had my wife go pick up some covid tests. Negative thankfully but sure didn't make me feel any better.

Richard

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let's make this easy. The factory never made a 1500 crew cab. Centurion was the main company that converted them. All of them started off as a standard cab that was sectioned using General Motors parts. They typically did not get the items that most people associate with conversion vehicles, wood, fancy paint, lazy boy seats, etc. As mentioned in 99-00 there were factory crew cab 2500 3500 short beds on C and K versions.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My rider was sick the Fri just before New Year's. Worked with him all night (mistake) but sent him home for Sat-Mon. Felt a little puny but worked by myself those nights. Stayed home Tues-Thrs didn't go out at all, and really started feeling it by the time I woke up Fri so it took a damn week to really come on strong. Worked Fri as I couldn't get anyone to cover for me. That was a mistake as it really kicked my ass then and I stayed home Sat-Mon, and this Tues-Thrs off stayed home as well but I'll need to get out later today and do some light "winterizing" stuff to all 4 vehicles.. and back to work tomorrow night.

Ya know, I worked all through the scamdemic including when our county locked down (I'm deemed an "essential worker") and didn't get covid until July '22. That was pretty bad but not like I went to the hospital or anything. This flu I'm just now getting over was bad enough I had my wife go pick up some covid tests. Negative thankfully but sure didn't make me feel any better.

Richard
The sickness that has been ripped through here has even caused the druggies to slow down. I haven't been yelled at, threatened, cussed at or flipped off in about a month. It is either the sickness or perhaps I'm losing my touch?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Let's make this easy. The factory never made a 1500 crew cab. Centurion was the main company that converted them. All of them started off as a standard cab that was sectioned using General Motors parts. They typically did not get the items that most people associate with conversion vehicles, wood, fancy paint, lazy boy seats, etc. As mentioned in 99-00 there were factory crew cab 2500 3500 short beds on C and K versions.
I think it's a conversion.

The sickness that has been ripped through here has even caused the druggies to slow down. I haven't been yelled at, threatened, cussed at or flipped off in about a month. It is either the sickness or perhaps I'm losing my touch?
Could be losing your touch! I still get yelled at, threatened, cussed out, flipped off, people want to fight, shoot, throw things, etc. on a regular basis. Hey, as long as you're not sick you're welcome to come ride along and help - I'll be sure you get your fair share of abuse. ;)

Richard

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it's a conversion.

Could be losing your touch! I still get yelled at, threatened, cussed out, flipped off, people want to fight, shoot, throw things, etc. on a regular basis. Hey, as long as you're not sick you're welcome to come ride along and help - I'll be sure you get your fair share of abuse. ;)

Richard
I've been on snatch and grabs before and it was a rush!

Oh, that truck MIGHT be a conversion.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and/or a few while you're reading. And more after.

I haven't drank in over 2 weeks. Not quitting or anything, just between getting back to work after the Christmas holiday (worked New Year's,) recovering from messing up my back, then catching an ugly flu which I'm still feeling.. bleh!

Richard

That's what happened to me in August '22. The sum total of my drinking since then has been 2 beers at my sister-in-law's wedding last summer (peer pressure, haha).