Cat Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ask because I know a guy with a 5.7 Vortec and single cat. Looks like it used a TBI y pipe.
Here's a picture of my JBA "Y" pipe and a 3" high flow cat. Mandrel bent and good, smooth transition from each pipe into the collector. It is for a 5.7L TBI.

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If urs is a TBI truck, you can cut the cat off and replace it with a piece of pipe. I did this to my 90 way back when. I put Flotech's shorty's and their y-pipe, straight pipe till the muffler. I did the cat back first, and headers/Ypipe later, all bolted up easily, and the straight section lined up perfect with the muffler. That gave a huge torque down low. Made it louder too, but in a good way...

DavidAlan

Reaction score
I drive a rusty old 92 chev p/u and it came with cherry bomb mufflers,boy what most people don't know about cats,if left it on ,the environment will love ya,cause it produces water vapor if they work right.
But have heard all the stories why they ain't good for you,and I heard how the depress HP,not true,but thats another battle will deal with,Back to my truck,if plan to do it,y pipe is cute,but my truck has 2 cherry bombs,and the rumble it makes,sounds like am ready to fight,but I go all over and the pipes are split,in front of both rear wheels,looks cool,and sounds awsome.

carguy77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to hollow out my cat due to it being so clogged the truck almost stranded me on the highway. I just have a mangnaflow rumble muffler and a turndown after it. I hate the way it sounds. I have a magnaflow cat and a borla cutback I found at the JY waiting to go on.