Cat Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

610 4x4

Reaction score
Hi y'all. Sorry if this post has been here before but i looked and couldn't find one for single cat. My cat blew out the side so was thinking of deleting for now. How can i cut to fit pipe or should i use reducers? Mind u its a y pipe into a single cat and front side looks way bigger then exit of cat. Thanks

610 4x4

Reaction score
Yeah i dont have a welder!!! Someday. So should i cut it as close to the cat as possible? Will a 2.5 pipe clamp right to the y pipe? Its just temporary til i get funds for high flow cat and y pipe

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would just measure the diameter to be sure. Also your tbi?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont think so.... I believe they started with CSFI in 96 if not mistaken.

Jw.. if you have one cat may not be high flow. I was gonna say mine has 2 cats and whenever I was quoting exhaust systems the guy told me they were high flow from the factory. Idk if it's TRUE. But just a fyi. If it is then obd2 should of came with highflows

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Because there are so many misguided Prius owners out there, the environment can handle a truck that pollutes some. I might have removed my cats when installing dual exhausts. That was one of the most effective ways to increase power. that Y pipe is super restrictive.

(Prius's use so many rare metals that its more polluting just being built than any other car).

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
(Prius's use so many rare metals that its more polluting just being built than any other car).

I've never really read much on the Prius.... they're not electric only, but do they still have a big battery? Where to the rare metals come in?

I'd rather switch to a high flow cat or simply replace pipes rather than remove the cats.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If it's a Vortec truck with single cat, then it sounds like a 4.3 or 5.0 truck. Either way just measure the pipe that's there. Got pics of this setup? I ask because I know a guy with a 5.7 Vortec and single cat. Looks like it used a TBI y pipe.

Kevco2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because there are so many misguided Prius owners out there, the environment can handle a truck that pollutes some. I might have removed my cats when installing dual exhausts. That was one of the most effective ways to increase power. that Y pipe is super restrictive.

How did you manage to route dual exhausts on a 4x4 Suburban? I have thought about it for a while now but never seen how it has been done