Capacitor ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright I have had capacitor's before but never one with a digital read out my ? is when I turn off the radio/truck the capacitor stay's on (the digital part) is this normal ?

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well the capacitor connects to a wire that goes straight to the battery which = always hot which means yes, It is normal for the digital display to stay on.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
O.k. thanks I thought it would being there's no remote wire for it but just wanted to make sure lol!!!

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
it should shut off eventually and it will come back on if it detects a change in voltage.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
even if it doesn't ever shut off due to voltage sensing I don't think it's something to worry about. Unless it is an extremely inefficient circuit that dissipates a lot of heat or you have a battery that is bad anyway you're not going to drain your battery. It's like trying to drain a reservoir with a garden hose.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I alway's put one in when I install an amp an subwoofer no matter the size i'm running just a habbit lol.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No not really because with out one when the bass hit's a really low note your voltage lowers making the sub sound like crap because it don't have enough juice to make it hit like it wants with one, plus when your driving at night your lights fade because of low voltage an makes you look like an idiot that knows nothing about stereos. Now i'm not saying I really need one with what i'm running but I wasn't going to run a stereo system with out one an be the idiot with his lights dimming because I was to cheap to buy one.