Cantilever Link for 22"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
Ok ok. I am kind of seening what you guys are saying. So is there a way of get more lift? I think if U didn't have the body drop i would have more lift, but the body drop make my truck sit three inches lower.

I guess with the body drop I'm not going to get any more hight out of the suspetion. I guess this is anough lift.

You must be registered for see images attach

And I'll get another inch of lift when i get the new re8 bags from the old re7 bags.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your range of travel never changes.. say it's 13" ... Your dog bone length only set the placement of the axle, the longer the bone, the higher the axle is placed.. still have the 13" of travel, just raised the location of that travel. Hope you follow what I'm saying.. higher axle is more drop meaning less lift

Reaction score
But with all that said.. Your dog bone has ZERO effect on your bag not collapsing fully..

Do this.. on the back of your cab, dead center, very bottom.. you should have a half circle notch. If it don't, your cab is resting on your drive shaft when aired out..

If it's notched and the drive shaft don't touch it when aired out.. Your shocks are to long. Take them off. These are the only two things possible to cause your problem.

The only other very slim possibility is your gas tank hasent been raised.. if you have the factory one still.. but that would only hinder it a couple inches is why I say it'd be a slim possibility.. Your dog bone length only effects the axle placement.. has nothing to do with the bags.

Reaction score
There's a lot of us here with KP setups.. I guarantee every one of them back me on this.. we're not being *****, just trien to help you bro...

Reaction score
Only way your gonna get more lift would be a bag that extends more.. Your in the same boat I'm in on that.. joys of a body drop..lol. You could move the canti part back more and have longer link bars made.. going with the crane concept.. slide hinge point back and the bag back giving more leverage to a longer arm. This is what I'm hoping to do one day..lol

Reaction score
I comment to much.. sorry. I just like trien to help, and try to explain thinks as vivid as possible. I know it bugs the crap out of people, so again... Sorry

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
I know, I appreciate all your guys info. You guys saved me buying that long dog bone. And i know your not beening a dick. And yea i got the notch on the cab and a reased tank. I was just thinking there was a lot of wasted travel in the suspetion. Thanks again.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
On my kp 6-link, I got higher travel without the shocks. It rode bouncy as hell but I got a little more lift out of it because the shock limits the travel of the system. Maybe a longer shock will help with the lift but you will sacrifice some drop. It would be trial and error deal.

And since I'm not body dropped, My fender well was about 2-3 inches above the top of my 22's at full lift. This is with the dog bone for the 22". Shock installed for these measurements.

Even without the shock or a bag installed, the kit has a max limit due to the design.

As stated, we are not trying to be hateful, just trying to help as much as we can.