Cantilever Link for 22"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
I can't get it fully deflated. In the picture I posted thats almost as far as will go down. And the second picture is fully inflated. I have the truck torn down.

Up

You must be registered for see images attach

Down. And look at how much air is left in the bag.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Is the axle in the last pic touching the frame notch? Is your drive shaft hitting the lower edge of the back of the cab or gas tank cross member?

Reaction score
I'm with Sierra. Cabs back lip sitting on drive shaft? Or, from what it looks like in last pic. Shocks are to long.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah there is something strange there, I don't know how long your dog bones are, and like everyone else said is that one pic with the axle touching the notch, and yeah you are definitely loosing a lot of lift with this being that way, I know on mine with 22's and 265/35/22's, my bags are fully compressed when layed out, I have the same 6 link as you do.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
He has posted before that this truck has a body drop so that makes me think the drive shaft is bottoming out on the back of the cab but he would have to confirm that.

The Dog bones are longer so that larger diameter wheels will travel higher up into the wheel well. So putting a longer dog bone for 22" or 24" will reduce lift.

The shocks also limit lift. Have you tried lifting the truck without the shocks?

jfever71

94grounddweller
Reaction score
He has posted before that this truck has a body drop so that makes me think the drive shaft is bottoming out on the back of the cab but he would have to confirm that.

The Dog bones are longer so that larger diameter wheels will travel higher up into the wheel well. So putting a longer dog bone for 22" or 24" will reduce lift.

The shocks also limit lift. Have you tried lifting the truck without the shocks?

And the longer the dog bone the higher the truck will lift because it's a CANTILEVER system the bag is in the center and you longer dog bones that will push the opposite end of the bar higher witch is attached to the frame. I am a crane operator and i deal with center point of gavity all day at work so I'm pretty sure on this.

Guys the last picture no the axle is not hitting the c notch or the back of the cab.

Reaction score
The dog bone on a kp6 hangs bellow the axle to the link bar.. longer bone will give more drop so less lift.

Reaction score
It works exactly the same as putting drop blocks on a leaf spring.. 2" block= 2"drop. 3"block is 3" drop and so on... The canti link bar only lifts as far as the bag extends. The longer the bone is the higher ABOVE the link bar the axle sits.. longer bone is more drop. With that in mind, the lift height regardless of bone length will always be the bags full extend height. But if you went with a longer bone you'll lose lift height because you gained drop. This is only because your lift to drop length has been raised more into the body.

Reaction score
You'd be correct if a dog bone was the link bar. Extending a link bar away from the bag would give more lift.... Like a crane.