Stalling, Rough running, Rough shifts threw 22 code, replaced TPS no fix. Ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just bought this truck last week. Runs rough and stalls, doesnt like to idle, and when it runs rough it shifts horribly to. But sometimes it runs fine and the trans shifts smooth as can be. I checked the codes and it was code 22 for signal low/Short circuit. I replaced the TPS and of course got a faulty part. So returned for another one and dont have the code anymore but still same symptoms. Getting really frustrated. Any ideas? I hate doing the parts cannon. And cant afford to pay others to fix it either. 1993 Chevy K1500 5.7 TBI
Edit Code 22 has reappeared....

Last edited:

Jjbiskup

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just bought this truck last week. Runs rough and stalls, doesnt like to idle, and when it runs rough it shifts horribly to. But sometimes it runs fine and the trans shifts smooth as can be. I checked the codes and it was code 22 for signal low/Short circuit. I replaced the TPS and of course got a faulty part. So returned for another one and dont have the code anymore but still same symptoms. Getting really frustrated. Any ideas? I hate doing the parts cannon. And cant afford to pay others to fix it either. 1993 Chevy K1500 5.7 TBI
Edit Code 22 has reappeared....
code 22 is a tps error code. Check your voltage at the connector and trace back the wires to make sure there are no shorts. Should be .5 volts

Reaction score
code 22 is a tps error code. Check your voltage at the connector and trace back the wires to make sure there are no shorts. Should be .5 volts
I have tested the harness, Its getting 5 v and grounded just unsure if it is feeding back to ecu. And I did already replace TPS and it appears the Idle valve has also been replaced recently. I also noticed I am not getting continuity from the negative battery terminal to the frame... But do get continuity from the Terminal to motor. Idk if that is related or not but i find it strange. Whats the possibility of being sold 2 faulty sensors from 2 different brands? I also dont have access to a OBD 1 reader either to read sensor values.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any tips or tricks on how to track down wire short?
Well a short is a"short path" so to speak . So if you have a short, your meter will beep if you have that continuity function or read something very close to zero ohms....nothing resisting the path..

An open is basically that. An opening in the circuit.

Reaction score
Well a short is a"short path" so to speak . So if you have a short, your meter will beep if you have that continuity function or read something very close to zero ohms....nothing resisting the path..

An open is basically that. An opening in the circuit.
Ok so with the new path you posted its says if you jump 417 and 416 and it gets over 4.0 v then replace TPS sensor (it reads 5.3v), which I have done (twice actually the first sensor i put in immediately threw the 22 code, traded it in for a more expensive on from standard and still have the code it just popped up after a short drive) So is it more of a possibility that I got another faulty sensor? The harness is getting all power to it and is grounded.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So is it more of a possibility that I got another faulty sensor?
I got 2 faulty knocks sensors, one from AC Delco directly and another from Summit racing...But who knows...
Says poor connection as well?

did you do step 1 with engine running?

Attachments

• 1993 dtc22 93pcm6 2.jpg
    1993 dtc22 93pcm6 2.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 11
Last edited: