Can't find fuel pump connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrOverCast

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm working on a wiring harness that came from a 98 Tahoe with a L31 in it and I'm trying to find the fuel pump connector( the one that plugs into the fuel pump). I found the fuel level sensor connector but not the fuel pump connector that powers the motor. Can anyone help?

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Assuming it's like the trucks, it should be all in one connector. Sometimes they have a separate tank pressure sensor that's another connector, Though.

MrOverCast

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming it's like the trucks, it should be all in one connector. Sometimes they have a separate tank pressure sensor that's another connector, Though.
I cannot find it anywhere. All the other connectors are for the engine. I have the engine harness. Is the connector on the engine harness? Or the chassis harness or whatever

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 1999 Suburban the feed to the pump can be found below the fuel pump relay in the fuse/relay centre (under the hood) and IIRC the (grey) wire goes straight into the loom and there's no separate connector until the pigtail at the tank.

MrOverCast

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my 1999 Suburban the feed to the pump can be found below the fuel pump relay in the fuse/relay centre (under the hood) and IIRC the (grey) wire goes straight into the loom and there's no separate connector until the pigtail at the tank.
I found a connector similar to that under the fuse box. It's a square connector but it seems that it's just the fuel level sensor

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I cannot find it anywhere. All the other connectors are for the engine. I have the engine harness. Is the connector on the engine harness? Or the chassis harness or whatever

I guess you're working on the other end. When you said fuel pump connector, I assumed you mean the connector that plugs into the fuel pump.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The fuel pump harness unplugs by the brake booster. It's next to the taillight harness plug that also disconnects there.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you looked in the service manual? Wire circuit colors, section 8 and wire routing?

MrOverCast

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fuel pump harness unplugs by the brake booster. It's next to the taillight harness plug that also disconnects there.
Fuel pump harness? Is there a whole separate harness the the engine harness plugs into for the fuel pump?

MrOverCast

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I have not. I haven't been able to find anything the vehicle it came out of. I don't have the vehicle I just have the harness
Have you looked in the service manual? Wire circuit colors, section 8 and wire routing?