Need ID For Unplugged Connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carnerd3000

Reaction score
Hey guys, on my '99 Suburban, I'm trying to identify a connector I found a few months ago that was just hanging out without being plugged into anything. The connector is black, with just one orange wire going into the back of it, and it splits off from the area where the IAT and MAF sensors split off from the rest of the wiring harness, on the passenger side. I just have it sitting on top of my air hose for the moment. The connector looks the same as the one to the knock sensor.

You must be registered for see images attach

Edit: Also, it's not the connector that goes underneath the A/C accumulator. There's already something plugged in there, just forgot which sensor.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that would be the connector for the underhood lamp.

That’s it, funny, I just pulled mine off yesterday after just touching the ground strap that runs along side of orange wire, it broke in 1/2 like a mummy.

Last edited:

carnerd3000

Reaction score
Yeah PARAGON, I think that's it. I looked at another under-the-hood photo, and I see where the clip is that the connector would ground out too. Mine is chipped off, and has nothing attached to it, and it seems like the ground wire was tucked under the wiper cowl. Anyway, thank you very much for your help; I was just hoping it wasn't a disconnected sensor or something like that. It looks like I have the P0440 code for another reason, lol!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya gotta loose connector? Most don't have a lot free length, if you figure it's got to have a home within as far as it can reach. It narrows down where to look. 99 % have to have the matching female or male end. Use a flashlight , unless it's damaged a thorough search in that small area will usually find it's home.