Unplugged connector 1998 c3500 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scupper

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

My horn is the last thing I need before I can get my c3500 registered. It doesn't work. I verified that I have 12v constant at the relay and I tried to jump the hot to the other 2 terminals with no horn. I noticed that this connector that is in front of the battery is unplugged. I believe it comes from the horn, but it is tough to tell. Before I dig into this, is this a connector for the horn? Thanks.

Attachments

• unhooked.jpg
    unhooked.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 15

Scupper

Reaction score
UPDATE, turns out this is my 2nd horn and it is missing. My horn was sticking causing a constant ground to the relay. Horn was probably blown out from last owner as the 1 horn on it isn't working. Ordered 2 new horns and corrected the horn switch from sticking. My model does not have an airbag in the steering wheel and utilized a thin piece of metal to flex into the ground. The thin piece of metal in the horn pad was depressed into the ground. All I did was bend it back and the horn, in theory, should work now.