Can I efficiently rebuild an internal combustion engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did wash all the SBC 400 also, so that will go into the basement for future build.
Oiled, sealed in plastic bags that have had the air vacuumed out of them.

Otherwise, you'll have a rusted mess when you come back to it a few years from now.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Got the head off tonight. Looks great, a little bit of ring ridge but not bad. Cyl one (second to last photo) has a weird mark in it that I'm concerned about. Right in the center of the photo. Once it's fully disassembled, I'll clean it and take it to my work and magnaglux it with our goods on setup.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
Alright it is fully disassembled, I need to bring it downstairs to clean, and start my measurements to see where it's at. From there Magnaflux, and whatever machine work that it needs from there. Also built a workbench with my dad in the parts dept. / Engine room.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone commented on the 4L60e or not, but that's the early model ones.

Recognized the fixed (non-removable) bell housing. I don't know enough of them to tell you when the change to the removable bell housing came about though.

1993-Sierra-Z71

Pontiac & GMT400 Nut
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone commented on the 4L60e or not, but that's the early model ones.

Recognized the fixed (non-removable) bell housing. I don't know enough of them to tell you when the change to the removable bell housing came about though.
Yeah it's a 90s. I think 95 but I'd have to look at the electric plug

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Removable bell came about around 1997 with the introduction of the C5 Corvette.