Build a hypothetical 3500HD.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I have a 6.5 Opitmizer with all of the reliability goodies and some upgrades. That will be the initial stage. The first stage will be to extend the frame for the crew cab and swap everything from Pearl, our 2000 K3500 dually into the 3500hd chassis. It will stay 2wd at that time.

Oh, so you don't' even really need a good body. I wondered what you would do with Pearl.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lengthening that frame should be a chore, that middle section is a frame on a frame. That crew cab is still up for $9500 by me.
I'm not concerned about extending the chassis. I'm more concerned about fabricating the suspension. I've never done anything like that before. It sounds like the bigger diameter of the bag the better it will ride at lower pressure.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not concerned about extending the chassis. I'm more concerned about fabricating the suspension. I've never done anything like that before. It sounds like the bigger diameter of the bag the better it will ride at lower pressure.

Fabbing the air ride or the solid 4wd front axle? If you want to steal an air ride design, look for what's his name's thread on here with the stupid clean frame off gloss black crew cab dually Duramax swapped rig from FL. He has 93 in his username.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
I don't recall that build.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I saw the start of that build but haven't seen it in awhile.