Brake bleed question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Yeah my tech 2 is a clone and it came with all the connections. As far as I can tell, the clone is just an unbranded version of the original. It hasn’t limited me on anything described in its use in the GM service manuals.

I did make an interface using a voltage regulator from the cig lighter because the unit will reset below 9 volts when/if you crank the engine will hooked up. Most functions don’t require start cycle though.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah my tech 2 is a clone and it came with all the connections. As far as I can tell, the clone is just an unbranded version of the original. It hasn’t limited me on anything described in its use in the GM service manuals.

I did make an interface using a voltage regulator from the cig lighter because the unit will reset below 9 volts when/if you crank the engine will hooked up. Most functions don’t require start cycle though.
The clone is not an official tech 2, its pirated by companies in china. as in, they copied a real tech 2's design and copy the software and made the cards, parts etc. they are lower quality than a bosch or vertronix type. also that cycle thing you mentioned is because they are cheap, if you can solder you can fix that. infact, you actually need to be able to keep it from rebooting on certain procedures for vehicles so you may need to one day.

Also, what i was saying is how you power the the device IF the DLC doesnt provide the power like a OBD1 vehicle does not (OBD2 should normally), also some things (like Candi module) require powering because they require more juice than the port can put out but thats only for canbus vehicles.
You must be registered for see images attach

heres a pic of my cars diagnostics for funsies

delta_p

Reaction score
The clone is not an official tech 2, its pirated by companies in china. as in, they copied a real tech 2's design and copy the software and made the cards, parts etc. they are lower quality than a bosch or vertronix type. also that cycle thing you mentioned is because they are cheap, if you can solder you can fix that. infact, you actually need to be able to keep it from rebooting on certain procedures for vehicles so you may need to one day.

Sure, I can solder pretty good. I already changed the DC-DC converter for the Mornsun unit but it does not solve the resetting. If you know how to fix it, please let me know so can open it back up and de-solder/solder in the fix.

delta_p

Reaction score
What i have been doing is using a cheap ebay adjustable DC-DC buck converter in a home built interface between the cig lighter and the tech2 to hold the voltage to 12V (above 9v) on the input pin of the DC-DC converter (Mornsun) inside the unit. I put the digital voltage display on it.
(Edit: It's a Boost/Buck converter)

You must be registered for see images attach

I saw another guy who also changed the internal DC-DC converter just used a cable interface. The only thing I not sure I like is using a separate ground from the AC adapter than from the vehicle.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited: