ABS Module Bleed procedure not bleeding all circuits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntorange84

Reaction score
D-sub connector nuts on rs232 serial and parallel ports and VGA ports and so on used to back out all the time. One of the things that made them so pleasant to use.
Don't reef em down super tight. All they're for is to make sure the connector doesn't back out from getting jostled. Screw them down until you've got several threads engaged or the shoulder on the thumbscrew lightly makes contact with the connector itself.

Don't operate the tool with that nut floating around in there it'll eventually short something out......
Hatzie, i greatly appreciate the response. The nut came off after I was done, so I'll fish it out and apply loctite.
Has there been other complaints of the characters being incorrect and a terrible screen?
-j

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the display tech of 1988 doesn't help. Mine lacks a backlight so it can be a challenge to read in low light.
If you're getting jumbled characters you probably need to re-seat the celluloid display ribbon cables.

My MODIS isn't great either, even with a new 2.5mm CCFL backlight tube. It has an external VGA port hiding under the LH handgrip. I found a 19" SXGA LCD at a thrift shop for $5 that I can put on a cart. It's a whole lot more pleasant to read but a whole lot less portable.