Bleed Broken ABS Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95 Tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the Kelsey Hayes ABS module be bled on a 95 truck if the pump is stuck? I know about the little port on the side.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can the Kelsey Hayes ABS module be bled on a 95 truck if the pump is stuck? I know about the little port on the side.
No. You need the BPMV to activate the “valving” inside to release the air. If the motor is shot you won’t be able to perform the ABS automated bleed. I just went through this. I ended up removing the ABS entirely. Are you sure the motor is dead? Do you have any ABS codes? Here is my thread on the issue.

95 Tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. You need the BPMV to activate the “valving” inside to release the air. If the motor is shot you won’t be able to perform the ABS automated bleed. I just went through this. I ended up removing the ABS entirely. Are you sure the motor is dead? Do you have any ABS codes? Here is my thread on the issue.

It threw every code in the book when I scanned it a long time ago. One of them was relating to motor or pump failed. I hear it hum a little before the light comes on if you reset it. I'm probably just going to bypass it. It seems to be the solution on these. I have a combination valve and brake lines ordered.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you got a combination valve that came off an earlier model non-ABS truck that has the same brake RPO as you do. That’s the most correct way to eliminate the ABS.

95 Tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you got a combination valve that came off an earlier model non-ABS truck that has the same brake RPO as you do. That’s the most correct way to eliminate the ABS.
I purchased a GM style combination valve from summit racing that is made for disc front and drum rear.