Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
This thing is tormenting me, I wonder how much I could get for the dump bed? And if I'd have trouble insuring it?

2000 and 8.1 don't jive though, one of those 2 must not be true.
I bet it's really a 2001, it's hard to mistake a 454 for a 8.1

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I texted last night, may have to follow up today if I get no response. I could be into that truck right around $20k with a diesel swap I bet. Only thing I'm not sure of is the transmission, is it a 4L80 or an Allison behind that 8.1?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
He dropped it to 7500, not sure if it's still available. It's a lot of money for a work truck that's been obviously used as such. I think a C&C frame would suit me better.

In more relevant build news I decided to go after my annoying exhaust leak. I'd installed a Remflex mid pipe gasket in 2021 and it did what the Felpro couldn't but it blew itself a couple leaks later that year dragging the trailer to CA. I lived with it until now. Tonight I brought the truck home and wrestled the exhaust out of it. I expected it to be easier as I'd had the down pipes out back in early 2020 and this truck doesn't do winter. It all came out with no broken fasteners, but it wasn't without an abundance of profanity and brute force.

You must be registered for see images attach

Had to separate these from the flanges.

Not surprisingly, all but the one with the cat and the fat weld came right out with the angle grinder. The flange for the catted piece came out in 2 pieces. After that though, I think welding it will be just as easy as the rest of them.

That's a 3" v-band setup, so the ID of that v-band flange is 3" and the OD is 3.25". All the pipes are flared out to 3" at the flange, makes this so much easier. Plus down the road if I decide to change the cat back I can just use 3" pipe to attach here. Tomorrow I'll shove it back in the truck, tack it together, remove, blow off rust, weld, reinstall for reals. Next on my list of annoyances is tweaking pulley alignment, it's still a bit squeaky with the blower. Worst of all it keeps chewing on my aluminum water pump pulley. I've gotta get that under control.