Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't make it as far as I'd hoped to as usual but made necessary progress. Here's my biggest asspain, check out all the layers I unearthed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Took some lovin' to fill that back in. The rest were super easy. Aligning the pipes to tack them together was a time blowing nightmare. Here's a before and after cleaning the midpipes up.

Here's the whole shebang.

I'll give the downpipes a whiz tomorrow so they weather the same as the mid pipes.

And the joints as it sits.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd say it all cleaned up nicely, this is original to the truck.

By the time I was done monkeying around and got it all bolted in it was dark. I'll get install pics tomorrow, it won't ever look this good again. Nice and quiet now, no busted ass truck sounding leak and no gaskets to blow out. I am gonna pick up 2 spare clamps though, if I lose one out on the road I'll be SOL as you can't just walk into Napa and buy one.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally went through this build thread, sick rig, and tons of great 454 in here, especially with some 0411 tuning life.

Surprised to see you are still running stock exhaust on this bad unit!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Finally went through this build thread, sick rig, and tons of great 454 in here, especially with some 0411 tuning life.

Surprised to see you are still running stock exhaust on this bad unit!

I do want shorty headers and 3" downpipes, but they want money for those. This one will stay quiet, but the cat back is not stock on here. The factory head pipes would be great if they didn't choke down to 2.5" right out of the manifolds. I figure the shorties, 3" down pipes, and I can go down one more on the supercharger pulley is my low hanging fruit. That and I need to port the inlet to the supercharger. Or I could scrap the blower in favor of a turbo and some real boost.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do want shorty headers and 3" downpipes, but they want money for those. This one will stay quiet, but the cat back is not stock on here. The factory head pipes would be great if they didn't choke down to 2.5" right out of the manifolds. I figure the shorties, 3" down pipes, and I can go down one more on the supercharger pulley is my low hanging fruit. That and I need to port the inlet to the supercharger. Or I could scrap the blower in favor of a turbo and some real boost.
That's right you have the diamond eye 4" catback. Actually same thing I want to do....

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I know it's posted somewhere, probably in this thread, but do you by chance have the part numbers for the bus muffler and tail pipe?

Go back to post 314 on page 32. I don't see a muffler part number, just look it up on Summit by in/out size. I think I see a pn on the tailpipe back there.

Today I got the tires rotated and alignment done. I though it had slipped on me, but alas it wasn't bad at all from a wear perspective. Check out that warning on the bottom, factory specs really don't like to party.