Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Popped the Hellwig rear sway in today. Also tightened the 2 plugs in the oil filter housing, seems to have stopped my leak.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yep, that pic blows. I'll have to see if I can do better tomorrow. Plan is to do front brake pads and prepare for alignment.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trying to stop the sway when your camper is in the bed?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Trying to stop the sway when your camper is in the bed?

Yeah, if anyone knows about a bigger front bar I'd like to grab one of those as well. Were the camper under 3000# I think this truck would handle it to the point you'd barely notice its presence, but this one's pushing 5k. I need to hunt down a chassis cab leaf pack so I can snag its upper overloads to put in this truck.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've been avoiding the alignment because my stuff wouldn't work with this truck, but at the same time the shop always finds something they want replaced before doing the alignment. My tires were getting decimated up front so even a halfassed alignment will be a step forward. I started with toe and found 5/8" toe in. That explains why the outsides were gone. I figured it was also a positive camber issue but I found -.4 on the driver's side and -.2 on the passenger side once I modded my gauge.

You must be registered for see images attach

Next I jacked the front up an inch and a half to see what happened. Driver's side got -1.1 and passenger got -.8, so all along the issue was just toe. Now I'm sure it toes in when the front lifts which simply means I'll be damn close to zero with the front down. Amazingly there is still a lot of down travel with the front hiked up too.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I got this alignment wrapped up and the steering wheel centered. I watched toe in increase by 1/16" when I jacked the front of the truck up 1.5", so that's a reasonable amount. Also purged the used motor oil, I mean old brake fluid out and as expected I have a slightly firmer pedal. Gonna rotate tires this weekend. Was gonna do it Wednesday but that turned into the bomb cyclone and nobody was going anywhere. Except all the ********** who abandoned their not stuck not smashed up cars that are still littering the roads.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got this alignment wrapped up and the steering wheel centered. I watched toe in increase by 1/16" when I jacked the front of the truck up 1.5", so that's a reasonable amount. Also purged the used motor oil, I mean old brake fluid out and as expected I have a slightly firmer pedal. Gonna rotate tires this weekend. Was gonna do it Wednesday but that turned into the bomb cyclone and nobody was going anywhere. Except all the ********** who abandoned their not stuck not smashed up cars that are still littering the roads.

That storm played hell with us. Blizzard west river, flooding east.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It was bad alright, but the people and their terrible judgment made it worse. Yesterday I finally got my tires rotated since the alignment was now fixed. The inner rears went to the front and 1 front to the rear, the other in the dumpster. Luckily they had a good used tire for me so I'm all set up for some miles this year. Laptop needs a new hard drive then I can drop in the 42# injectors which should make hot restarts much less of a thing.

Beeffajitas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the first guy who tried an alignment was being lazy, but he ran out of adjustment with my truck on the high end of the recommended front end height (so I might have been over a bit). I lowered it, went to another shop, and got it aligned perfectly. Lesson learned is that front end height has a large impact on the alignment.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, surprisingly not as much as I thought on the toe though. I'm just glad it didn't go positive on the camber, I feel relatively confident that the shoulders won't annihilate themselves again this summer.