Battery connection issues.. Help Please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Had that problem last year, took the cable cover off and hit it with a die grinder to clean the contact, retightened and has been fine since.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your terminal is just having trouble staying tight you can do something the redneck way lol. I would take however many plastic zipties you need and basically wrap it around the battery and over the terminals. That should hold the terminals tight against the posts. Plus that's the cheapest and easiest way to try something and if it doesn't work it can be reverse as fast as you can cut it with a knife.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Sorry was busy today but here ya go

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from somewhere in MN

Battery bolt mod works the same as this, you use two nuts,2 washers, and 2 3/8" corse thread bolts. Thread the bolt in till it bottoms out snugly in each terminal then adjust the nuts till they clamp down firmly against the terminal. The nuts now provide the proper clamping force rather then the threads in the insert. Like the mod that P1 suggested you need to strip the plastic off of the terminals to make this work. Difference being depending on the length of the bolts you can use this to bolt more accessory terminals with the main terminals onto the battery.

M&MsZ71

Reaction score
Well today I got the new bolts, washers, and nuts that were being mentioned by everyone and 1997chevydriver. Stripped everything down and put the new set up on and tightened everything good. And now everything is tight and doesn't look to be coming lose at any time. Thanks everyone a lot! Happy Easter. :boti:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Well today I got the new bolts, washers, and nuts that were being mentioned by everyone and 1997chevydriver. Stripped everything down and put the new set up on and tightened everything good. And now everything is tight and doesn't look to be coming lose at any time. Thanks everyone a lot! Happy Easter. :boti:

Glad you got it worked out!