Basic coilover write up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What timing... I have recently been looking into all of these kits as well. Being in Hawaii, no one here is rolling like this on our trucks so, ita all about the research. One thing I did learn from your post is the 6" front drop kit... not sure I am willing to do all that cutting.

Which coil overs do you prefer?

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What timing... I have recently been looking into all of these kits as well. Being in Hawaii, no one here is rolling like this on our trucks so, ita all about the research. One thing I did learn from your post is the 6" front drop kit... not sure I am willing to do all that cutting.

Which coil overs do you prefer?
Because of adjustability, I think they will all ride pretty equal. Some will notice a difference. I think people who race will really be most sensitive between one kit to another. But double adjustable can be a added to help for that. I guess it depend on what you are using it for. If you are regular street driving ( I think single Adjustable Is best for street because double adjustable cost more and may be overkill) I think you have to base it off what drop you want 4,5,or 6. And how much modification you want to do.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Because of adjustability, I think they will all ride pretty equal. Some will notice a difference. I think people who race will really be most sensitive between one kit to another. But double adjustable can be a added to help for that. I guess it depend on what you are using it for. If you are regular street driving ( I think single Adjustable Is best for street because double adjustable cost more and may be overkill) I think you have to base it off what drop you want 4,5,or 6. And how much modification you want to do.

Absolutely, for the short-term, I want the truck on the ground and want it to be "fun" to drive. Long term, I'd like to work my way into a rear 4 link and fully adjustable. That said, I don't want it so adjustable that I am always messing with it or its over complicated. Start small and work my way to where I want it to be... that way, I can afford it and learn along the way.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I heard from elevated concepts a few days after I did this back in September. The front coilover kit from elevated concepts with a 2” drop front spindle will give you between a 4.5 and 6.5 inch front drop. Unfortunately the QA1 rear coilover conversion kit with the torque arm is still so new and expensive I haven’t heard any reviews front it still.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am just getting my feet wet with this so, I went with Aldan American Coilover for the front with McGaughys 2" drop spindle. For the back, just a flip kit and the Aldan shock along with Beltech shock extenders and drop shackles. Lastly, a React underbed step notch. We will see how all that does and move from there. All together under 2Gs for all of it so, defiantly a budget build.

Mikecap

Reaction score
I have recently done a lot of research on coilover options available . I Talked to all theses companies personally several times . Here are the first two easiest and start out options for coilover kits.the QA1 for $545 and Aldan for $521 Both kits can be used with stock controls arms. But both kits will only give you stock height. The only drop you will get is from your drop spindles. I did the QA1 kit. But Didn't drop it enough

You must be registered for see images attach

I mayb be wrong but I’m reading on pro performance both these kits are height adjustable up to 2 inches just not able to independently adjust the rebound and compression. One notch for both.

Reaction score
I have Viking coil-overs on the front of my truck with dropped spindles and stock control arms. They will go real low if you want to, I estimate I have dropped the front about 5" and they will go lower. I have had them on the truck for several years with no problems, they are double adjustable too.

Mikecap

Reaction score
I have Viking coil-overs on the front of my truck with dropped spindles and stock control arms. They will go real low if you want to, I estimate I have dropped the front about 5" and they will go lower. I have had them on the truck for several years with no problems, they are double adjustable too.
Think I was reading your post in another thread, you said you’d recommend 650+ for the spring rate? I’m in Michigan with awful roads so I need it about as stiff as I can handle so I’m not hitting the wheel wells like on my ext cab haha

Reaction score
Think I was reading your post in another thread, you said you’d recommend 650+ for the spring rate? I’m in Michigan with awful roads so I need it about as stiff as I can handle so I’m not hitting the wheel wells like on my ext cab haha
Correct, I recommend the stiffest spring. Even with it the tires (28" tall) hit the wheel wells on big dips but I like my truck low and I still haven't gotten around to raising the wheel wells.

Mikecap

Reaction score
Correct, I recommend the stiffest spring. Even with it the tires (28" tall) hit the wheel wells on big dips but I like my truck low and I still haven't gotten around to raising the wheel wells.
Hmm not gonna lie was thinking about removing my wheel wells as it’s a weekend truck, but didn’t consider trying to raise them. Probably just check YouTube or other threads here if I was looking to do that?