Basic coilover write up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have recently done a lot of research on coilover options available . I Talked to all theses companies personally several times . Here are the first two easiest and start out options for coilover kits.the QA1 for $545 and Aldan for $521 Both kits can be used with stock controls arms. But both kits will only give you stock height. The only drop you will get is from your drop spindles. I did the QA1 kit. But Didn't drop it enough

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The next options is elevated concepts, but could not get ahold of elevated concept. They don’t have a phone number and they didn’t respond to my email. I have to give the grace because they are a newer business and probably have a small staff. Elevated make some awesome stuff , like a rack and pinion conversion and there are roomers of them starting to make chassis. This kit give you a 2” drop with stock spindles and 4 inch drop with 2” drop spindles. This kit kit goes into stock shock pockets and require no cutting or drilling . The elevated concepts kit also narrows your front end in an inch on each side. For $1750 in bare steel shipping is an added cost. Sway bar end link that adapt to your stock sway bar are included. Last pic is the kit on my friends sport. The 4 inches wasn’t low enough for him. So he made the mistake of cutting a coil out. Now it rides like garbage. So don’t try to cut a coil if it doesn’t achieve the height you want.

Last edited:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
QA1 stage 2 will also give you a 2 inch drop and with 2” drop splindle it will lower your front up to 4”. Requires no cutting or modification. First picture is wrong.This kit is $1599 with free shipping through summit but you have to buy the sway bar links that included an adapter for using your stock sway bars for another $80. all parts comes powder coated.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then the next kit is RideTech strong arm coilover kit with upper lower control arms and special coilover that requires cutting the tabs in the upper spring pocket and drilling a bigger stud hole in the upper shock mount. This kit can drop you 5 inches according to RideTech customer support with drop spindles. Kit is $2150.

Last edited:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The next stage up kit through QA1 is there stage 3 kit. Kit will give you up to a 6 inch drop with 2” drop spindles. But you have to cut off you stock upper control arm mounts on the frame and Cut a large circle on the top of the spring pocket To use there bolt in upper spring pocket extension and upper control arm brackets. Kit is $1999 with free shipping through summit. But you also have to buy there sway bar adapter for $80 just like the stage 2 kit.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If affordability is a problem for the rear. Do the front end. It will drive and ride way better with front coil overs.and buy a rear static drop frame notch flip kit for $300 to $400 and the you have to add another $42 each for drop shocks. Or buy some decent RideTech adjustable shocks for $185 each. RideTech shock is not the right one, but all there adjustable smooth body shocks are $185

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then possible upgrade the rear later. With RideTech wishbone kit, QA1 rear coilover kit or elevated concepts 4 link. RideTech wishbone is $2700 with coilover and free shipping. Wishbone give you a 5” to 7” drop. This kit is purely bolt in but does require cutting a frame notch and drilling, comes powder coated . The QA1 rear coilover kit will give you a 4” to 7” drop. Also requires cutting a frame notch and drilling for brackets. Comes powder coated For $2159 with free. if you can weld, buy a 4 link set up with frame notch from elevated concepts for $2150 with coilovers and comes unpainted. pic is QA1 coilovers mounted on the previous version RideTech 4 link on my truck

Last edited:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the above kits I have tested or my friends have on there trucks and ride really nice. Except I don’t know anyone yet that’s done the QA1 front stage 2 , QA1 front stage 3 kit and QA1 rear coilover kit. But QA1 seems to make good quality parts. Also with all the kits make sure you buy the coilover adjuster wrench. Non of these kits come with one. Sometimes the adjuster nut on the coilover is hard to move. Always Make sure you put anti seize on the threads. To prevent galling,seizing and corrosion (if you don’t it will void the warranty) and to make it even easy to spin you can buy thrust roller bearings. Just make sure it matches the diameter of the spring.

Last edited:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was also very surprised on what little information these companies offer on line and had to call them just to figure some of this out. Not everyone will agree with what I have done or am doing.This write up is to let people know what’s on the Market. There are also other kits available. I would like to and I know other would like to know what everyone else is doing. I would really like to see any premeasured weld in or bolt in kits

Last edited: